I learned a poem about Christopher Columbus in grammar school once upon a time that went something like: 'In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue.' That's all I remember about this poem, but, c'mon, to remember something so abstract from the second grade, it goes to show the power of rhyme -- especially as I am learning how this power can help to manifest our intentions.

 Many traditions hold that when you pray or 'ask' for anything that will improve life (yours or someone else's), that those words should have both a cadence and some rhyme in order for them to be both effective and activate those intentions. 

Today, why not explore your own empowerment and intone an affirmative adaptation from F. S. Shinn and the School of New Thought: 'The tide of destiny has turned for me today. Everything now begins to go my way.' Say this silently and aloud for nine days straight and then flow, baby, flow!